S&S Square

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:32:27 -0700

Tuned a S&S square, second square in a month. Hey, things are slow this =
time of year.=20
This one was restored 50 years ago so it has regular tuning pins. I sure =
am glad there aren't 3 strings per unison. What a back killer.=20
Two notes didn't work. That didn't stop me from tuning the strings but I =
asked her if she wanted them fixed. Well, Steinway screwed in the action =
with oval headed bolts and I hadn't borrowed the antique tuning hammer.=20
So far I've made three assumptions. That's scary. Since I have a couple =
of days before I'm back that way, I'm asking for any advice, tips, etc. =
about Steinway Squares.=20
It was sitting on carpet so it didn't show any cheek lift but It rarely =
gets played so I tuned it 20 cents flat.
Thanks guys and gals.

Keith Roberts