Deep Freeze Piano!!!!!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:49:23 -0500

>I can't speak for the effect of cryogenic temperatures (or the lack
>thereof) on soundboard wood. But at Baldwin we did get talked into trying
>the process on bass strings. There was no discernable difference.
>
>Del

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the industry is revolutionalized by
non-cryogenically freezing old soundboards. If it isn't, freezing may
indeed work just as well on wood as it does on strings.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to read the article on boiled boards when it gets
written, assuming there's an identifiable board left after boiling. Again,
if not, I suspect he has other ideas waiting in the wings.

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits"

Ron N