Woodworking question

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:26:31 -0400

I am in the process of making a new form for gluing up a laminated beam.=20
The desired shape is a simple arc. I have sliced 8) roughly 12"x48"x3/4"=20
sections out of a piece of MDO and stacked and affixed them together. I=20
drew the simple arc on the top piece and followed it with a bandsaw. I now=
=20
have what I thought would be a good form for gluing up my laminated arc=20
beam. Why don't the two pieces of the form draw the laminates together=20
completely and what can I do about it? I find that the laminates are tight=
=20
at the ends of the arc and there is a gap between the laminates in the=20
middle of the arc. Any suggestions?

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20