Woodworking question

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:27:44 -0500

>Thanks Ron! For the mathematically challenged, how do you go about
>calculating that radii? Actually the sacrificial piece sounds like a good
>plan but I'd still like to know how to calculate it anyway. For this
>sacrificial piece, is it better if it is thicker and cut with kerfs in
>order to make the bend?
>
>Greg
>

>P.S. it's a cut off beam

What did you use to make the curve in the first place? I'll look it up if
you want, but if you have either an inside or outside curve you like, space
the two cauls apart the distance of  slightly less than the thickness of
the laminate stack in the center, and equal distances apart at the ends,
clamp them down so they don't move, and scribe the one you want to change
directly off of the other with either a marking gage, or a series of
measurements and marks, and connect the dots with a spline.

Ron N