Key Leads and Inertia

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:35:55 +0200

Phillip Ford wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Thanks for sharing this with us.  I like to think that some of what we discussed here influenced the article.

Grin... I noticed a few formulations that were pretty familiar as well. And the thought that our discussion may have influenced Stephen a bit of course crossed my mind, (I like to flatter myself sometimes... grin.... nobody else does so .... ) but in the end was glad to know that I had understood correctly where he was comming from.

I havent had a chance to really think through this stuff yet, tho I am glad you are helping to keep this thread alive. Its one of the better ones we've had this year IMhO.

One point I'd like to get clear pretty quickly tho... just what level of play can we expect to be able to expand the so called soft zone too by configuring the keys intertia appropriatly ? Is this limited to some level of pianismo ? Or can this feasably include mf perhaps even forte play ? I must admit I've not really thought of these musical concepts for play level in terms of actual input force in grams.

I agree with Phil below tho.... would be interesting to delve a bit deeper into the slope question. And I liked both his comments about that, and those I read in Stephens article.

Now that Festspill and Nattjazz is over, I have a bit more time on my hands and look forward to scratching my head a bit over Stephens latest revision.

Thanks again Phil

RicB