Six Degrees

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:54:26 +0200

Hi folks

Just got Ed's two CD's, the "Six Degrees", and the "Beethoven does HT"
:)

Been listening to it all afternoon now. You folks gotta get this !! Any
tuner in their right minds ought to aquaint themselves with this and the
potential both for music AND money making this has.

btw Ric Moody... No problem hearing the temperaments until I ran into
the DeMorgan on Chopins Fantasy/Impromptu. Had to struggle there tho I
think that had as much to do with the piece as anything else. The Greig
was also hard to hear any real difference. But the Haydn does Kirnbirger
111,  Beethoven on Young, and the Mozart on Prelleur were unmistakably
not ET. And they were absolutely beautiful. Course anyone who cant hear
the 1/4 meantone on the Scarlatti should get serious about refining
there ear skills if you ask me. That being said, I played that exact
peice for a very young "wonder kid" pianist I do some work for and I had
to use about 15 minutes on him to get him to understand what was going
on. First few times through it he just didnt get it. Even after he
played the same piece in ET from a CD he owned. Took him a bit but then
he caught on.

Still... it amazes me that good ears dont pick up on that extreme a
temperament like immediatly. No criticism meant there.... just
wonderment.

Cheers, and Thanks Ed...

RicB

--