Malmsjo

Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:47:50 +0200

> >I know this url has been posted before, but here is a very unusual grand
> >made by Malmsj. - the banana-grand :)
> >http://stockholm.music.museum/samlingar/banan.html
> >
> >Daniel
>
> Have you seen this piano yourself?  Does the museum allow it to be
> played?  Are there others outside of museums?
The one on the picture is in a huge storage-house just outside Stockholm
(together with thousands of other historical keyboardinstruments). Sometimes
they have exibitions at the museum with that piano, but I have never managed
to get there so I could see this strange piece with my own eyes. I think
they have concerts on it. The only two banana-grands I know of is that one
and one at the music-school where our friend Linda Stråhle is working.

Daniel