YC Growing Brackets

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:45:30 -0400

Don,

Was it determined that the growing was due to oxidation?  I've replaced
a number of these and Chuck Cook did a fine chapter technical for us on
the very subject last night.

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Donald Mannino
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 5:12 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: YC Growing Brackets

Ron,

Actually, that depends.  Sometimes the brackets look normal, but most of
the time you will see a sort of bubbling in the flat side surfaces, and
the worst ones will cracks.  I have even seen some which fell apart in
pieces.  Since Terry is in Florida, his will likely show some signs of
this - the problem is much worse in humid places.

Terry, you have already diagnosed it adequately.  Phil Glenn is the one
to call.

Don Mannino RPT