Key Leads and Inertia

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:01:38 -0700 (GMT)

>The breakpoint location is determined by  a = (r/rb)g, but to find the
>force needed to achieve that accelleration you need to substitute (r/rb)g

>for << a >> in the equation for Force.....
>
>Which at least shows that the breakpoint force is dependant on the key
>ratio... or better said dependant on the both the mass and the center of
>mass of the reference key. Tho I dont see why you need to know this to
>locate the breakpoint. Rather it seems that knowing the location of the
>breakpoint is neccessary to find this breakpoint force.
>
>or what ?? grin.
>

>--
>Richard Brekne

Well, you could look at it that way.  You need to know two things to determine the break point.  You have three to choose from.  Acceleration, force, and slope of the acceleration line.  If you know two you can determine the third.  So, you're right.  If you have 'a' and you know the slope of the line then you don't need to know the force, but rather can determine the force.

Phil F