Viennese Grand Action Regulation

Thu, 05 Jun 2003 19:19:12 +0200

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

>     >  I'm sure the restorers among us won't approve but the
>     > last one we did got a new keyset and Renner action stack.
>     > The owner is thrilled with his "new" piano. Del
>

>      Nothing inherently wrong with this as far as I can tell...
>      as long as all is up front and there are no pretentions of
>      this being anything else then a "new" piano as you say.  Its
>      not a restored piano... its a rebuilt one. Thats cool :)
>
>      RicB
>
> And done at the request of the owner. As is most common with our work.
> I get the impression that some seem to think we somehow force our
> ideas in secret on the poor, unsuspecting customer.

Not me thats for sure. The thing I like as respect far and away most
about you is your honesty about things... granted it can get a little
brutal from time to time... grin... but just so. Lets a person know
exactly where they have you. A fine, if not thee finest trait quality we
humans can have.

> Quite the opposite. Most often we're doing what we do because the
> conventional work and techniques didn't work, leaving the piano owner
> poorer and frustrated. Typically they come here because we do the
> unconventional.
>
> Del

Course I'm not going to get into all that part of things.... but then
you know me... I keep a healthy portion of red ocra in my back left
pocket... just in case :)

Cheers

RicB

--