Whippen Types

Stephen Birkett sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:04:21 -0400

Ric:
>Couldnt find where I found it... but I had copied off the whole
>page.. there is 12 different such diagrams.... from the Erard
>origional to Steinways, and even including a very creative design by
>Seigfried.  You want them ??

Del:
>Yes, I'd appreciate that.

I came across that site a while back - it's in Japanese with Japanese
fonts. Looking at which action types are presented there, I came to
the conclusion the diagrams had been prepared from published material
-  e.g. most of them seem to have been scanned from a copy of Dolge,
then colorized to look pretty.

Stephen
--
Stephen Birkett Fortepianos
Authentic Reproductions of 18th and 19th Century Pianos