OT Re: Steinway sostenuto bar/Del

Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:02:30 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 06, 2003 9:42 AM
Subject: OT Re: Steinway sostenuto bar/Del

> >"....take a whole lot of unexpected vibration in certain airplanes under
> >certain conditions...."
> >Yeah, Del, those olde Jennys really shook a lot! <G>
> >Regards,
> >Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>

> I met an old 37 year Master Sergeant back in 1968 who had started out in
> the Cavalry, eventually becoming an Aircraft Carpenter. I don't know what
> he did at the time I knew him, and I'm not so sure he did either.
>
> Ron N

And Aircraft "Carpenter?" Now that does go back a bit.

One of the reasons our pacific northwest's old-growth forests have been
stripped nearly bare was to supply choice Sitka spruce for fighter airplane
and glider construction during WWII. (It's only one of the reasons--we've
thought of many others since....)

Del