Rippen Pianos

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:55:00 +0200

I am impressed with your Dutch!

I don't believe there have been so much totally plastic action
production, these where not very liable if I remember well. Jack are
often in pvc as some flanges may be on the Rippen I service
(once/year, and a key bushing/pinning every 4-5 years).

What I really don't like on them have nothing to do with the brand, it
is the flange screws of the Langer action, which are truly hard to
deal with, these are Phillips screws and very hard to reinstall
properly , the good screwdriver helps, our usual Pozidriv # 2 or "3
does not do the job and open the imprint.
The key capstans are hexagonal I don't like that too much either.

Nowadays instruments that I consider re string /new hammers if
necessary.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech