1999 Steinway L with heavy action

Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:03:30 -0700

Mark:

Go to this site and look at the way the SW is taken.  I have a suspicion
that the  way you did it recorded a SW of at least 1 gram lower than it
actually is.  By adding a gram to the SW it lowers the SBR to somewhere in
the 5.7 - 5.8 range, which makes more sense given the numbers you have
provided.  Retake the SW's using that method and see what you get.  In
order to achieve a smooth SW curve, you will need a reliable way of taking
the measurement.

www.stanwoodpiano.com/SW-HWstandards3.pdf

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net