Dealer Prep

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 01:06:21 -0700

Ten or twelve years ago I traveled  to a very large ranch in West Texas where
the old crusty rancher that  owned the place had arranged for me to tune,
along with his own,  a number of pianos in nearby towns over two days.  .  It
was well over a mile and a half from the highway on ranch property, driving up
and down hills, and past the livestock,  to get to the ranch house complex
where he wanted two of his own pianos tuned, one of which I had just sold
him.  After tuning the newly delivered piano in one of what appeared to be a
kind of bunkhouse/entertainment room for the ranch help, he conducted me to
the main house "I've got one in thar I wont ye to check on".  I go in, see a
console that is unbelievably out of tune and ask him how long it had been.
His answer "Ahh, I b'lieve my wife had it tuned back in the war"  - Guess
which war this was.  Hint:  not Vietnam, not Korean, not WWI.
Robin Hufford