curing loose t-pins w/sandpaper

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:07:53 -0400

Yes, I've heard the same thing, and I repeat it to customers whose pianos have
loose pins, especially if the looseness is in a relatively straight line and the
other pins seem okay.  Has anyone actually had the experience of inserting
oversize pins, or using shims which would increase the total diameter, and then
finding that nearby pins were looser than before starting the repair?  Is there
a myth or here that really is unfounded?

Regards,
Clyde