scale sticks for string makers?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:32:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/03 10:23:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

> Anyone know what info is on the stick, and how it is notated?  Wouldn't it
> be handy if the scale program could print out the stick info?
>
> (My mind was wandering while tuning again.....)
>
> Ron Koval
> Chicagoland

I have watched them take the stick off the wall too. It's a very impressive
setup. I asked the head string maker if they are ever going to computerize that
set up, and he said no, it works great the way it is.

I don't know for sure, but I think the stick has the markings on it for the
windings, over all length, etc., for the first string, the last string, and any
alterations to the normal set up.

Since you're in the Chicago area, Ron, why don't you stop by there one of
these days and find out what's on those sticks. While you're there, say hi to Cal
for me.

Wim