Samick string breaker

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 22:49:13 EDT

In a message dated 09/06/03 8:48:38 PM, daverpt@wi.rr.com writes:

<< I know the condition of the

hammers was allowed to deteriorate before I first saw the instrument.

Private home, hard player.  I suspect that the simple combination of a

heavy player on a small instrument with  ”+ of hammer contact is the

cause, and that even though the hammer shape has been corrected and is

being maintained, the damage has already been done. >>

David;
 Given the evidence I would say that you are correct and I would agree with
your comment....with the possible exception of the "damage has already been
done" portion. It would 'probably' be more accurate to say 'is still being done'
:-) Size of instrument does play a part but not in the manner you might think.
This 'hard player'/'broken strings' thingee gets progressively worse as the
size of the piano goes up, especially in the bass/tenor,...or at least that is
my experience.
Jim Bryant (FL)