Daewoo Rep Springs

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:21:11 EDT

Hi List,

I have never regulated a Daewoo(aka Schafer and Sons) grand before, and I
will be pressed into service to do this in the near future.  The rep springs are
oriented in the opposite directions from most of the ones I've ever
encountered.  They are bowed upward instead of downward.  Getting a spring tool in there
to massage them seems to be impossible.  There was no adjustment screw
evident, so I fear that pulling them out of the groove and bending them my be the
only way to regulate them(and they need it in a big way!).

I would certainly appreciate any recommendations from someone with experience
with this spring configuration.

Thanks,

Dave Stahl