Herrburger friction (was Re: Min LO)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:36:32 -0700 (GMT)

> >But, in the Herrburger/Schwander Inverted-center Linked action (as
> >illustrated in the post I was responding to) I think quite a great
deal.
> >This action has a sliding let-off and a sliding return mechanism. I
>should
> >think providing a precise and low friction surface for these two
>functions
> >would be important.
> >
> >Del
>
>What do you mean by a sliding let-off and return?  I don't see much
>difference in the way the jack and rep lever move on this action and on
>the Herz action.
>
>Phil F

Please ignore this post.  I thought you were talking about the more modern Herrburger/Schwander action.  It occurred to me after reading a couple of other posts on the subject that you're referring to the olde Bechstein action that Stephane provided a picture of (which was in the post you were originally responding to - just like you said).  I now see what you mean.  My apologies.

Phil F