Times article on "Piano Museum"

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:26:30 -0600

Nope. Just that some sort of built-up coin piano made
from a home-pumper from the 1920's with a new decal
slapped on it was mistaken for an original, and this
slipped past the proofreader.
     Perish the thought!
     Thump
   =20
--- Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
wrote:
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20

    Nickelodeons, of course, were originally movie theatres [odeon -- =
ancient Greek word for theatre] to which the admission was a nickel.  =
Only after coin-operated pianos became widely installed in saloons, =
restaurants, hotels, etc., did the term come to refer to the piano =
itself.=20
    Pierce lists one Nickelodeon piano company in Huntsville, Alabama, =
but no other information. =20
    --David Nereson, RPT=20