Upright Stringing - Pressure Bar

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:27:32 -0400

Conrad wrote:
> Also, make sure the pressure bar screws are between the right strings and
> none of them are crossed..

That is largely where my question was coming from - I find it easy to imagine having to loosen the strings quite a bit to get the pressure bar down into position and this pile of spagetti-like piano strings tangling about trying to get screws in correct position, etc.

But I think the process perhaps should be to install strings with sufficient tension to get them to lay more-or-less in position, put on pressure bars and screws, tighten pressure bar screws to target position, loosening strings a bit if needed.

Terry Farrell