Kimball Double Brass Flange Repair

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:04:02 -0400

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 01:30  PM, Gordon Holley wrote:

> I truly hope this can be a benefit to some technicians, that hasn't
> had the opportunity to make one of these repairs yet, and will be
> able to find this in the archives.
> 		To the technicians who have devised their own method of making this
> repair I would appreciate your comments.  I'm sure there is something
> more to be learned and I welcome the opportunity.

In your preparation did you consult the article "Brass Flange Repairs",
pp. 24-25, <Piano Technicians Journal> November 1982, and the Tech Note
on pp. 12-13 of the February 1985 <PTJ> regarding using Billings
flanges as a repair option?

It would be great if someone (Gordon, Joe?) could do an in depth
article in  the Journal on optimal techniques for repairing and
replacing brass rails with plenty of good photos.

Best wishes,
Patrick Draine