Charles Walter verticals

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:16:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/03 9:44:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BobDavis88@aol.com writes:

> I have a client who is considering new vertical pianos as a gift for her
> daughter, and one in the running is the Charles Walter. I just saw my first one
> last weekend, and that only briefly. The general workmanship looked good,
> treble was a little short on sustain, tenor break not the best. Any other
> comments, specifically about scaling, workmanship, serviceability of the Langer

I like working on them.  I think they have excellent tone.  I've serviced
many of them, particularly new ones from a dealer that I've worked for.  They
have few problems.  One that I tuned recently(warranty tuning) had loose key
weights, but other than that I have no complaints.  They have a warm sound and
tune easily.  The Langer actions have a nice feel.  The cabinets are attractive
and made of real wood!

While they are not cheap, the prices are not outlandish.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl