Virus from Tech?

Mickey Kessler mickeykes2@uf.znet.com
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:31:52 -0700

I also got an alert from Norton, as well as the (bogus, most likely) email
from Mr. Goodale which came to my mailbox outside of the pianotech digest I
normally receive.  I'm assuming the virus was attached to the
email.  Norton immediately put the infected file in quarantine.

This appears to be a new version of the bugbear virus.  For the old
version, there was a fix on the Norton website.  If you think you've been
infected, check it out ASAP -- there's probably a new fix.  Bugbear sends
itself out to your whole email list, then proceeds to cause major damage to
your system, so if you got the bogus email, delete it and all attachments
immediately -- do not open.

Damn, I despise these moron hackers!

Mickey Kessler

PS -- Despite these little glitches, I want to say that I continue to learn
every time I get a new pianotech digest.  Many, many thanks to all on the
list who daily make me a better technician.