Virus from Tech? ANti Spam programs not really OT but not Piano related

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:34:11 +0200

I understand that some common  virus , even if they seem to come from
someone from the list are in reality coming from elsewhere. They take
the header in the mailbox of someone, the address to spread in the
same mailbox or elsewhere, and the "send by address" also.

SO actually it is not sure that R Goodale have a puter infection
working, not even sure he had the virus.

Well it is safe to update the viri protection often. I understand that
Web providers are now offering virus protection as a service, as well
they now offer SPAM protection - this can be very useful (but not free
probably.

Against Spam I use the "Mail washer" www.mailwasher.com  program and
it works wonder, it send the spammers an "error message' as if your
address does not exist, so your name is erased from the spam list.
They also update spam server lists, so the spammers are automatically
rejected. the software is payement free (you are asked to give what
you believe is correct $20 suggested.

I have seen another useful soft that stop the Popup adds - and another
that filter cookies...

And I lock my door and have a dog also( and a cat ) - but still it is
open to friends.

That's all folks ....

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.