Key Leads and Inertia

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:03:59 +0200

David,
I also always feel a particularity in the touch when assist springs
are used. There is some kind of "assistance " given that the pianist
have to anticipate when playing.
I did not have the opportunity to test with screw regulatables
springs, only using the weight off and a dynamometer to even and
regulate them - not really an easy thing, and probably not very
stable, considering the design of the usual rep springs with their
short arm, and the way they are regulated , installing a kink or
bending the arm, while the coils stay the same.
A good method to recently address the coils should be of some interest
(I know, screws !)

Using them in conjunction with linked whippen/key make sense, but this
arrangement is prone to rebound too easily.

Greetings.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.