Bonk

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:15:45 -0400

From: Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat Jun 14, 2003  9:49:55  PM US/Central
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: Bonk

Richard,
        Is the underside of the hammer felt unglued from the moulding
and you just didn't see it? Are you in a very hot and humid environment?

Greg Newell

At 05:52 PM 6/14/2003, you wrote:

 Thanks for the fast replies. Let off on all problem notes is normal.
The hammers are not blocking and are checking as normal, but the
strings do not ring on the affected notes. It is almost as if the
damper is not coming off the string, but it is and the note can be
plucked and it rings. I'm at my wit's end. All the pianos with the bonk
problem have been infested with termites, but I don't see how that
could cause this problem. Thanks again for the input.

Richard