Cheching for viruses

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:37:58 -0700

Okay, here's what I'm concluding:

Likely I've picked up a bug from somewhere.  What it APPEARS to be doing =
is randomly picking out old e-mails from my "sent" file and resending =
them to random people in my address book.  I have been getting some =
reports from people wondering why they are getting old mail from me, in =
some cases not concerning them.

Until I get this fixed just delete the random old e-mails.  I didn't =
send them intentionally.  I will also send out a general e-mail to =
everyone on my list warning them.

The next task on my list will be to find the individual who is =
responsible for creating and distributing this virus and breaking both =
his legs.  Anyone want to help?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV