Notice,,, Rare Action

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:10:28 EDT

Hello to All:

     The rarest of all  production  actions  is
the "Hickman".  This grand action was
designed  by   Dr. Clarence  Hickman  for
The American Piano Co. in 1928.

  Other than the hammer  nothing about this
action is even remotely similar to the action
in use today.

     It is unfortunate that it came at the time of
the great depression of 1929.  If not for this
fact I believe that it would be the "standard"
action we would use today.   It has only four
regulation points and friction is at an absolute
minimum.
      I have known of this action for more that 35
years but had never seen one,  until recently.

    I made a special trip to see one.  As a result
of this trip the members of PTG. can see and
operate a working model of a  "Hickman" at the
003  Convention  in  Dallas.

  It will be included in the "Action Evolution Class"
It is now a three hour class given only one time.

Regards to All,    see you soon !!!
Jack Wyatt