Best glue for ivory?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:30:53 EDT

Hi list,

There were many e-mails in the past several days about ivory keytop regluing,
but in going back through them, I could not find a definitive answer as to
what would be the best glue to use.

I have a job coming up where 7 or 8 ivories have come unglued and need to be
reattached to a S and S keyboard(unknown model).  I am assuming that I will
find more than a few others that are coming loose.  I plan to do take my time
and do the job well.  I have used hide glue in the past, and that has worked
well enough.  If the ivories are in great shape, I worry about the opacity of the
keytops allowing a darkening of the appearance of the keys.

CA is out, out of respect to future techs and because accurate initial
positioning on the key is absolutely crucial.

Any input would be helpful.  Thanks,

Dave Stahl