Best glue for ivory?

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:37:02 -0700

My museum-conservator-glue-expert friend tells me that CA glue is not
really designed for this type of use.  CA works best on non-porous surfaces
when the overall thickness can be reduced to a couple of microns.  CA can
also responds negatively to alkaline conditions and tend to weaken over
time.  When it finally fails it tends to fail all at once and just let go.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net