Bridle Wire-Broken at Wippen

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:23:19 -0500

Hello List
Have Vose & Sons Upright, SN 35072, circa 1895/96, with a bridle wire
broken off at the point below where it inserts into the wippen. Other
than that this oldie is beautiful. Can't dig it out.  Tried to pull
out a couple bridle wires from old wippens I had and they also broke
off on the wippen.
Was going to use these to insert into the wippen with a new drilled
hole.  Is there a technique/trick to getting an old bridle wire out
of a wippen for re-use?
Yes, I know, I'll need to order a dozen to have on hand for the
future.
Regards, Gordon Holley
Goshen, IN
Associate, Indiana chapter 467