price-shoppers!

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:20:22 -0400

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 11:52  PM, Alan wrote:

> Let them hire the low-priced tuning-pin-twiddler.

This brings to mind the advice given to me, many years ago by the late
Allyn Winslow. "Me, I'm the one with the highest prices." Sure, some of
the Price Shoppers hung up without another word, but most of them said
"Umm -- what do you mean?" and then he would proceed to explain his
cost for a two hour service appointment, during which the piano's and
customers' needs can be evaluated, usually the "basic tuning" type
service done, as well as some time for the "other" work which caused
the customer to finally pick up the phone (stuck keys, rattles, etc).
And yes, if they're searching for the "cheapest tuning" perhaps they
should call someone else. Most of them made the appointment with him.

I've been surprised by the number of Price Shopper calls I've had in
the last few weeks. Our Economic Recession has been around for a while
now, but the fat severance packages  have run out, and unemployment
benefits too.

Patrick Draine