Jesse French Plastic

Ray T. Bentley ray@bentley.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:58:16 -0500

John,

The damper levers are indeed plastic in this piano. Many notes actually =
play without the backchecks, but the ringing dampers make it unusable.  =
How unfortunate that the decision was made to use plastic in the =
manufacture of this piano at that time!

Ray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL
ray@bentley.net
www.ray.bentley.net

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Ross=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:17 AM
  Subject: Re: Jesse French Plastic

  Hi Ray,
  I resurrected a Heintzman, with the same problem, the action had been =
manufactured in the U.S., in the 50's.
  I got the parts from Schaff, and they went on with no problem that I =
can remember,
  I don't believe the damper levers were plastic, just the flanges,  =
backchecks and jacks.
  Replacing all the plastic parts, is the only way to go.
  Regards,
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca