bonker

Peter Lamos selahpiano@hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:04:39 -0400

Ron,
	I started developing some problems with my "bonking" hand.
Somewhere I found a recommendation to use an archer's glove - three
fingers are covered at the tips with a velcro strap around the wrist to
keep in place.  I was amazed at how much just a little padding decreased
impact.  One catch.  I have to keep the ends wrapped with medical tape
to prevent marking the keys with smushed leather (replaced tape every
week or two).  As far as playing intervals: I can play a song wearing
it.  My hand recovered just after a few days of use and no problems
since. May or may not help with wrists, but it helped my digits.  I
imagine it would decrease stress there as well.

Peter Lamos
Assoc.
_____________________
selahpiano@hotmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Koval
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:28 PM
To: files@ptg.org
Subject: bonker

Hi everyone,

We just had our chapter meeting tonite and the subject of "bonkers"
(keystrikers) came up for someone with wrist problems.  I offered to
send pictures of mine, so thought I might as well throw them "out here"
as well.  As you can see it is made from three bass hammers dowelled
and glued together.  Some agressive side voicing with a 1/8" inch drill
softens the blow to my hand, and the string keeps it close by while I
play intervals.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

[Photos are at:]