Bridle Wire-Broken at Wippen/Gordon

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:28:08 +0200

Hi, if bridle wires are rusted, as with a let-off screw try heating them with
a soldering iron or similar and even a dose of Protek.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Holley" <gholley@hi-techhousing.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: Bridle Wire-Broken at Wippen/Gordon

Hi Joe.  I believe this bridle wire is screwed in.  I tried to
unscrew two wires on old wippens and they broke off.
Haven't yet tried to pull out using a vice grip and a slotted board
that has a saw curf in it that I've used to pull out back check
wires, successfully.  Will order new wires and then drill new hole
and insert new wire.  Thanks Joe, much appreciate the response.
Regards, Gordon