Chickering pianos

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:00:26 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tompiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: June 18, 2003 1:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Chickering pianos

  I just regulated and voiced one of the Baldwin/Chickering grands the =
other day. I assume this was from the Baldwin plant as it had the =
accu-just hitch pins.
  Other than some sloppy damper work and poor positioning of the damper =
guide rail, a pretty decent sounding piano.
  The owner, an extremely good pianist, had just sold his Bosendorfer 6 =
ft grand and bought this piano has a temporary instrument. He wasn't too =
keen on this particular instrument due to a variety of reasons. However, =
once the instrument was finely regulated and voiced, the Chickering =
turned out to be a very singable instrument. Sure surprised me!  For =
$7500 he got a particularly decent piano.
  Tom Servinsky, RPT=20

That, then, would be some variation of the Baldwin 4' 11" grand (their =
Model B). It started out as one of my designs though, depending on when =
it was built, it had changed and evolved some from the original concept.

Del