Bolduc Block - Bit Size - Torque

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:53:56 EDT

 Richard writes:

>Your reply prompts another question I'd like to get your reponse to. You
>say you drill out of piano.  How is it you insure that the pin holes are
>exactomundo - right on the button-no bones about it - perfectly in the
>right spots each and every time.

   Well, I drill out of the piano, too.  I make a dimple in each webbing hole
with a 3/8" drill bit,(or what ever closely fits the holes.  I do this with a
hand-held drill and I point it straight down.
  The dimple allows me to see where the bit is going when I do the block, it
seems to be accurate to within .010", which is ample room in the webbing.
particularly with 1/0 pins!
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/