price-shoppers!

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:38:25 -0400

Z,

That works out well if you really need the double appointment, but if not, then
one appointment that could have been spent earning money from someone else is
lost.

I do generally allow some extra time for first-time calls, but not usually a
double appointment.  If the piano needs more work than I have time to do, I
schedule a second appointment for the extra work.  For me this appears to be a
more efficient use of time.

I think people often underestimate how long it's been since the last tuning.
Two days ago I installed a Dampp-Chaser system in a middle-aged studio piano
that hadn't been tuned "for several years, well, maybe seven or so."
Considering how dirty it was inside, plus the fact that most of the piano was
100c or more flat, I suspect it's been at least two decades, and probably not
tuned to standard pitch even then.

Regards,
Clyde