New Screws in New Pinblock/Terry's query

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:13:23 -0700

Terry,
Here's a "scan" of my assortment. The third from the left and the far right
one are essentially "correct". The others do the job, but need to be remade.
I do this with round files: rat tails, chain saw files, etc. The whole idea
is to have the cutting edge(s) "line" run up the center of the screw, with
the filed out part deep enough to allow the "chips" to have a place to go.
Don't forget to use LOTS of bee's wax! If you do it dry there will be a lot
of "Threads Tearing Out", (my term).<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...