What's the Story & Clark? AND ...

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:22:56 -0500

At 01:24 06/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/20/2003 9:41:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>tune4u@earthlink.net writes:
>
>>Anybody got any generic thoughts on early 60’s Story &Clark consoles.
>

>I have seen two with separated pinblocks, which I think were from this
>period. If it seems to need a pitch raise....
>Bob Davis

My copy of Fine's book is at work, so I can't check what exactly he said,
but I have mixed impressions of S&C consoles.  Might be as much the result
of environment as design and construction.  All the S&Cs in a local school
district and a church had "Lautrec" pins throughout the entire bass
section. (You know - Toulouse:).   Obvious splits and marshmallow feeling...

The two I did in homes felt like new Baldwins.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.