damper stickiness

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:56:55 -0700

I was putting in a new damper tray from Renner and stupid me checked the =
first damper in the tenor to see if it needed cutting off like the bass =
and it did so I cut the ends off those too, before I put them in. Oops, =
the new damper wires came and I had a couple that weren't dropping =
freely so checking my bends and deciding it was in the bushing I took a =
closer look and saw chunk of something dark brown hanging from the =
bottom of the bushing. Pulling it off, I recognized what it was because =
my mom used to use it on the furniture. Johnson's paste wax. Great. What =
now? Can I get the wax out of there? I sure don't want to rebush the =
rails.
Keith Roberts