hammers unglued

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:11:55 -0700

Customer's old Cable Console's hammer heads are coming UNglued from
mouldings. Gave her price to  reglue loose hammer heads, which totalled
about 6. I noticed that someone in the past had "wired" several heads that
had apparently come loose. After trying several types of glue, (in my shop)
none of which worked to my satisfaction, I used my dremel with a large
needle as a bit, and made two small holes and used #12 piano wire to
approximate where a factory staple would go; worked great! But I would like
to ask if anyone on the list has had success bonding loose hammer heads to
the moulding with a particular type of glue? Btw, the price of replacing the
hammers is out of the question for the customer, and i DID recommend that if
the problem continues, which it probably will.  But at least for now,
everything is holding fine.  thanks!

Terry Peterson