Virtual Capstan

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:17:55 -0500

>This can be overcome by placeing the magnets on the backside of the
>capstan with the magnets attracting one another in alternate fashion with
>forward of the capstan with the magnets in opposition.

This will work, but I can't say what the proximity problems may be. Keep
the magnets as close to the wippen center as possible for maximum effect
and minimum increased load on the capstan. This will be backward from the
original configuration in that the DW will decrease as the key is depressed
and the magnets converge.

Ron N