Sliding OT with Romantic tuning

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:23:41 -0500

"Romantic Tuning," a definition:

The lovely piano owner sits on the bench, snuggling close to the piano
tuner as he works. Then together they play a few bars of that old Tommy
James tune, "Hanky Panky."

This is not generally a reality-based event. It is better described as
"In your dreams, Pal."

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Bill Pillmore
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:39 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Romantic tuning

I very good concert pianist has asked me to tune her piano in a romantic

tuning.  I believe she means a historical temperment.  I have never done

this and have access to a SAT.  Can any one give me a place to search or

a known romantic temperment.  Will I need to tell you the music she will

be playing?

Bill Pillmore

---