Restringing/Loopers

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:54:14 -0700

Dave Bunch,
The "loopers" you refer to, in the catalogues, are a "rip off" of a design
that Orville Milburn and I did! For a short time we sold our Loopers to
Apsco. Then the  orders ceased. Hmmm? But, they continued to offer them.
APSCO, "re-designed" our design and made their own!!! In so doing they
screwed it up and those loopers are defective, as you have found. My sincere
regrets.
The loop you are referring to is the "German Loop". There are many ways this
can be done. All better than the "loopers" from the supply houses. However,
the English Loop, which is what you see on Bass Strings, is what our Looper
was initially meant to do, ....as in better. Just some info to file in the
old brain pan. Oh, BTW, I still have the "Prototype" and it works extremely
well.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)