Restringing

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:06:38 -0700

Alan,
Are you sure you are turning it back to the starting position each time
you start a new wire?

jeannie
Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Alan
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 7:24 PM
To: 'Kevin E. Ramsey'; 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Restringing

It seems to me,
As replys abound,
We get more confused
With every round.

Coils or loops,
Which do we mean?
One goes on the pin,
The other goes on .um . the other pin.

BTW IMHO the Sciortino is a great (expensive) tool when it works, which
for me is about half the time. Never have figured out why it sometimes
does not. It's like splicing a string: Sometimes I can do it in the dark
with one finger in my nose, other times I stare stupidly at the ends and
can't remember what goes which where or why.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO