damage appraisal

richard ucci richard.ucci@att.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:55:19 -0400

Dear list,
I got a call to appraise damage to a 6' Boston grand the other day. It =
seems the moving co. had the piano in it's warehouse and it got really =
messed up. Major cracks and splits to the case at the upper curves and =
down to the cheek blocks. The stretcher was pushed upwards at the right =
corner, and it seems that the plate screws are stripped out of their =
holes. The desk rail was also bent upwards, and (this could be my =
imagination) it seems like the curved part of the piano is also flexed =
out of shape slightly.
This piano also has a piano disc system and several solanoids came out, =
one of which is lodged under the key frame jamming the flange screws =
into the pinblock. Removing the action was not possible.
I'm telling this woman to make them replace the piano. Any input would =
be of great value .
Thanks ,
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano