Avery Todd/Re.:My Post

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:30:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 8:21 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Avery Todd/Re.:My Post

Joe, with 50+ emails a day and so many other priorities in life, one
must prioritise things to some extent. I delete "Birdcage" posts and
"Partials & Octaves" posts - not because I know it all, not because I am
a snob, and, with respect to the "Birdcage" posts, not because I
necessarily lack ability. Admittedly, the reason I delete most tuning
posts without reading is because I can't understand them! - and yes, I
know I should, but right now I am concentrating on bridges and
soundboards and pinblocks and agraffes, etc. - I can only handle 5,000
new things at a time!

Understand though that many of us simply choose to bypass some post
topics. Keep in mind that most technicians don't read ANY of these posts
because they choose to not subscribe to the pianotech list! So anyone
that picks and chooses to at least read some of these posts is
potentially way lower on the "snobbery" or "lack of ability" scale that
most others!

I know you have a love for the squares. I also have respect for them -
not as a high performance instrument, but as a unique antique that also
can be made to play/sound suprisingly well.

Terry Farrell
(You can beat me up for this post in Dallas - I'll meet you out in the
parking lot! ;-)

Terry,
	Watch out, He might be armed! <G>
	Tom Driscoll